INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY FOR LEADERSHIP (IAF)
The Foundation established the International Academy for Leadership (IAF) as a forum and venue for international political dialogue, first in Sintra (Portugal), in the early 1990s, and later on in Gummersbach (Germany), at the Theodor Heuss Academy, in 1995. Here Participants from all over the world are able to find an opportunity to share political experiences, address cultural issues and jointly seek liberal solutions to current problems.
The IAF events, designed in close cooperation with the Foundation’s projects abroad, bring together well-known experts and personalities in various fields, as well as opinion leaders, committed young liberals and budding leaders in order to discuss international topics concerning politics, economics, science, mass media and security matters. In this intercontinental, tolerant and free forum, participants share specific experiences and knowledge, come up with liberal solutions and put forward common approaches promoting intellectual freedom, cultural diversity and global relations.
Thanks to its multicultural reach, the IAF encourages tolerance among cultures, religions and political systems, thus contributing to conflict prevention and peace. Moreover, it strengthens links in the continents and regions where the Foundation runs projects. Participants in IAF activities become opinion builders in their own countries, advancing liberal political ideas and solutions.
Please find here the list of all IAF seminars we offer in 2020.
- Liberalism vs. Populism – How can Liberals win?, 26.01. – 07.02.2020
- IAF Innovation Lab, 16.02. – 23.02.2020
- Strengthening NGOs – Strategy, Management and Fundraising, 08.03. – 20.03.2020
- Communication to counter Disinformation/Populism, 29.03. – 05.04.2020
- Leadership for Young Leaders, 19.04. – 01.05.2020
- Strengthening Political Youth Organisations, 10.05. – 22.05.2020
- Campaigning: Strategy and Tools, 07.06. – 14.06.2020
- Promoting Entrepreneurship and Open Markets, 28.06. – 10.07.2020
- The Power of Networks: How to Build and Use Them!, 19.07. – 26.07.2020
- Moderation: Facilitation and Program Design, 16.08. – 28.08.2020
- Freedom of the Press, 20.09. – 02.10.2020
- Safeguarding Freedom in the Digital World, 11.10. – 23.10.2020
- Political Leadership – Female Edition, 08.11. – 15.11.2020
- Foundations of Open Societies: Individual Self-determination and Tolerance, 29.11. – 11.12.2020
If you are interested in participating or want more information please contact - before the indicated closing date - the Friedrich Naumann Foundation representative in Indonesia will kindly give you more details about taking part in our seminars! For more information, kindly contact Ms. Ganes Woro Retnani (firstname.lastname@example.org) with sufficient information related to the program that might interest you.